Wednesday 12 December 2007

2008 Wish list part 1

Jaguar XF

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With the end of the year rapidly approaching you can be sure that lots of retrospective views of 2007 are being readied for publication. Rather than look back (which I will do) I would rather look forward and think about some of the cars I’d like to drive in the next year.

Top of the list is the Jaguar XF, and I’ve stepped into the deadly trap of falling for the car purely based on how it looks and the badge it wears. It is a dangerous position to be in; if I like it, how do I know it isn’t because I am under its spell; if I do not, is it because I was simply expecting too much?

The most appealing aspect of the XF is the interior and particularly the rotary control knob for the automatic transmission. It is such a simple, yet sensible idea that I’m surprised no-one has done it before. The console in which the knob is set looks like a work of art – although it does remind me of the consoles fitted to American muscle cars of the late 1960s.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jaguar XF console

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Plymouth GTX console, can you see why the Jaguar makes me think of this?

No comments: